What is Summit Academy?
Too often, children are asked to adapt to a school rather than the school making adjustments to meet the unique needs of the learners. As a result, many families and students find themselves frustrated by academic programming that does not work for them. Summit Academy is an independent, non-profit school that provides a place where each student’s learning challenges are understood and met using a whole child approach; a place where we celebrate and develop a child’s strengths, as well as addressing their area of difficulty. It’s a safe place where a each young learner is treated and educated as an individual – in an atmosphere of caring and respect that allows our students to succeed.
- Help every student view school as a positive, challenging and successful experience.
- Narrow the gap between a child’s academic achievement and academic potential as measured by standardized testing.
- Create a supportive community that includes families, staff and teachers working together.
- Establish a scholarship endowment, so that every family that needs financial aid will receive it.
- Continue to be a dynamic entity; continually improving, changing and growing in response to the needs of our students and to the latest knowledge gained through educational research.
Because of our philosophy:
Summit Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, nationality or ethnic origin in administration of its policies and programs.