Summit is accredited by the Kentucky Department of Education, and governed by all policies and procedures applicable to a certified, non-public school in the state of Kentucky.
Summit is also fully accredited by, and a member of, the Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS), the Kentucky Association For Independent Schools (KAIS) and the National Association for Independent Schools (NAIS).
The school also holds memberships in the following associations:
- The Learning Disabilities Association of Kentucky
- Louisville Independent Schools
- The International Dyslexia Association
- The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- The Center for Non-Profit Excellence
- Fund-Raising Executives of Metro Louisville
- Middletown Chamber of Commerce
- Jeffersontown Chamber of Commerce